Notice Regarding Book/Page Numbers in the Manatee County Clerk’s Official Records
Beginning January 1, 2020, the Manatee County Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller will no longer assign Book and Page numbers to documents recorded in Official Records. The Clerk will continue assigning consecutive Instrument Numbers as the official register numbers to reflect the order in which documents have been recorded. For historical purposes, documents recorded prior to January 1, 2020, will remain indexed and searchable by Book and Page. If you create or use forms that reference Book and Page numbers, you should modify those forms to capture or reference Instrument Numbers for any documents recorded on or after January 1, 2020. Recorded plat maps will continue to receive Book and Page numbers.


What is E-Recording?

Electronic recording—more commonly known as E-Recording—is the process of submitting and recording documents online, through a third-party vendor. Documents that would have traditionally been required to be submitted by person or through the mail can now be submitted electronically from your home or office computer. All you need to E-Record is a computer with a high speed internet connection and a scanner.

What documents can be E-Recorded?

Almost every document that can be recorded in person or by mail can also be recorded electronically. The most commonly E-Recorded documents are Deeds, Mortgages, Assignments of Mortgage, and Satisfactions. However, the following documents require additional steps that can’t be completed electronically, so we are currently unable to accept them for E-Recording:

• Certificates of Compliance/Report of Sale
• Military Discharge
• Notice of Homestead
• Notice of Contest of Lien
• Plats
• Transfer of Lien to Security

Note to those recording Notices of Commencement (NOCs): When E-Recording NOCs you will receive a recorded copy of the document, but not a certified copy. If you are unsure if you need a certified copy you will need to contact the Building Department of the County or City entity the property is a part of. To obtain a certified copy of an already recorded document, please contact our Public Access department.

How can I get started E-Recording?
If you are interested in E-Recording documents in Manatee County, you will need to contact one of the vendors listed below:

Phone: (800) 460-5657

Phone: (888) 325-3365