Upcoming changes to civil courts in 2023
Beginning January 1, 2023, the dispute amounts for County Civil and Circuit Civil courts are changing.
The Office of Angelina “Angel” Colonneso, Manatee County Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller, wants citizens to know what to expect in the New Year.
- County court will hear cases for amounts from $8,000 to $50,000.
- Circuit court will hear cases for amounts greater than $50,000.
- Small claims amount remains the same, and will hear cases up to $8,000.
- Filers will continue to be required to include a civil cover sheet specifying the dollar amount in dispute in cases exceeding $8,000 in value.
- The law maintains current rules that limit the provision of subsidized court mediation services to county court cases with an amount in controversy up to $15,000.
Your Manatee County Clerk & Comptroller is here to serve and support you. For questions about this change, please get in touch with our office at (941) 749-1800 or visit our website at www.ManateeClerk.com.