Passport Application Update August 2020
The Manatee County Clerk’s Office continues to be unable to accept passport applications. The U.S. Department of State will resume processing passports in phases. Each passport agency and center will open on a different date based on location conditions. We do not have a passport opening date at the Manatee Clerk’s Office at this time.
Passport agencies and centers are only open to assist customers who need a passport in the next 72 hours (3 business days) for a life or death emergency. For more information on getting a passport in this type of emergency, visit: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/emergencies.html.
If you already submitted an application, you will continue to experience delays receiving your passport and the return of your citizenship documents such as previous passports, and birth and naturalization certificates. You may check the status of your passport online: https://passportstatus.state.gov/, or by calling the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778. Your documents will not be returned before your passport is completed. You can get a status update 7-10 business days after you have applied for your passport.
Do any of these questions apply to you? If so, visit: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/passport-help/faqs.html:
- What qualifies as a life-or-death emergency?
- What is the current status of passport operations?
- What services can I expect in each phase of reopening?
- Why can't employees work on passport applications from home?
- I already submitted an application. How long will it take for me to receive my passport and my citizenship evidence documents?
- Can I get a status update on my passport?
- Why did you cash my check if you are not updating my passport status?
- Can I expedite my passport?
- Can I request a refund?
- Can I apply now?
- Can I renew by mail?
- Is it safe to travel internationally?
- Will REAL ID still be enforced at airports later this year?
- How will the customer experience be different in the coming months?
- What about customers overseas who need a passport?