The Carnegie Library was built in 1914. Andrew Carnegie contributed $10,000, the City of Palmetto contributed $1,000 and the property. The Library Association furnished the collection. The library desks, bookcases, moldings and woodworking were made by the Palmetto Novelty Works.
The 2nd floor of the Carnegie Library houses exhibits pertaining to Palmetto’s history as well as the Alice V. Myers Archives Center where visitors are welcome to research early Palmetto.
The Cottage Museum was built about 1910. Records show that it was occupied continuously since 1917. Six of the families who lived here have contributed historical information and furnishings to the museum. It was last known as the Stephens House and was located in what became known as Sutton Park. The Jo Harrison doll collection as well as a collection of antique radios and sewing machines donated by Belmont Whittle are displayed here.
The Heritage Station Post Office. Built in 1880, Heritage Station Post Office was Palmetto's first free-standing post office. At the time, it was located near what is now 9th Avenue and Riverside Drive. It served as one of the community's centerpieces until around World War I. In 1982, it was moved to the corner of 10th Avenue and 6th Street where it became the first building to be part of the Palmetto Historical Park.
The Schoolhouse. This building served as the first public kindergarten in Palmetto. It opened about 1935.
The Heritage Chapel. The Chapel is a composite of the original three churches in Palmetto--the First Methodist, First Baptist and First Presbyterian Churches, which were all located within one block of this site. It was built by public subscription with cooperation by the City of Palmetto. The Chapel is available for rental by calling, (941) 723-4991or emailing email@example.com
The Cypress House Military Museum opened to the public on July 3, 2004, and is the most recent addition to the Palmetto Historical Park. This structure was originally located on Longboat Key and is built of pecky cypress. The museum now houses a growing collection of military artifacts, as well as tape-recorded interviews with local WWII veterans.