Did you misplace your jury excusal form? Get a printable version.
Reporting for Jury Duty
- If you received your summons after December 15th 2015 you can now login to our eJuror Portal.
- The NIGHT BEFORE you are to report, even if this is a Sunday or holiday, you must call 941-748-7407 or visit the Jury Duty Reporting page or eJuror Portal. A recorded message will tell you whether you still need to report. The message will refer to your report date and/or your juror number.
- If you receive no message or the telephone recording or website is not in operation, please report for jury duty as directed by your summons.
Length of Service
- Your term of service will not exceed one trial. At a minimum, you should expect to be at the Judicial Center all day (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) on the first day of your service.
- If you are not chosen as a juror on a case the first day, under most circumstances you will be released from further service.
- It is often difficult to predict how long a case and your service will last. Statistics show most cases are resolved within the week. The majority are concluded within two or three days. However, cases lasting in excess of a week in Manatee County are no longer rare. Some exceptional cases may require several weeks of jury service.
- In the process of jury selection, the presiding judge will advise you how long your service may last. At that time you will be given the opportunity to express any concerns you may have about the trial schedule.
- Please use good judgment and dress appropriately. The courtrooms are air-conditioned so you may want to bring a light sweater or jacket.
- Shorts are not permitted.
Payment for Jury Duty
- Jurors who are regularly employed and continue to receive regular wages are not entitled to receive compensation for the first three (3) days of jury service.
- Jurors who are not employed or do not continue to receive regular wages while serving as a juror are entitled to receive $15 per day for the first 3 days of jury service.
- All jurors who serve more than 3 days will be paid $30 per day for the fourth day of service and each day thereafter, regardless of employment status.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- If you are a person with a disability who needs special accommodation in order to participate in jury duty, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance.
- Please contact the Jury Office no later than two (2) days prior to the date of service at P.O. Box 25400, Bradenton, FL 34206 or call 941-741-4062.
- If you are hearing impaired, call 711 (TDD)
Please park at one of the following locations: View the parking area Map
- The parking garage located at 615 12th Street West.
- The downtown Post Office parking lot located at 824 Manatee Avenue West.
- You do NOT need to put monies into the parking meters at these locations. You will place the parking permit you received in your jury summons packet on the dashboard of your car.
- These are the only locations where the parking permit is valid.
- Do not back into any parking spaces.
Jury Coordinator Contact Information
Phone Number 941-741-4062
Fax Number 941-749-7103
E-mail Jury Coordinator Tiffani Walker
For More Information on Jury Duty
Click here to read our "Frequently Asked Questions" about jury duty.
[ Back to top ]