Skip to Content Skip to menu Skip to links

Frequently Asked Questions For Child Support Depository

Welcome to the questions and answers area.
We have a large database of FAQs so we have organized them by topic. For frequently asked questions related to a specific topic, select it from the list below.


Has a child support payment been made on my case?
You can access payment information 24 hours everyday by calling the State Disbursement Unit’s voice response system, toll free, at 1-877-769-0251. The Depository does not give payment information over the phone. You can also access your child support payment information on-line at
What can I do if the system says a child support payment was made but I haven’t received it?
If it has been longer than 7 days, call the State Disbursement Unit, toll free, at 1-877-769-0251 and speak with a customer service representative to verify that the payment was mailed to you. If a stop payment needs to be placed on the check, the customer service representative will assist you.
Can I expect to receive my child support payment on the same day each week?
No. Generally, if payments are received from a payor or employer regularly your payments will be received close to the same day each week, but there are too many factors involved in processing time at the State Disbursement Unit to predict exactly when you will receive your payment.
Payments are not being made on my child support case, what can I do?
The depository can provide you with some assistance in enforcing the Court-ordered child support obligation. If a payment becomes due and is unpaid for 15 days, the depository can send a Notice of Delinquency. If the delinquency plus fees are not paid within 20 days, a judgment is entered against the respondent. The judgment becomes a lien against any real property owned by the respondent. Assistance can be also given to obtain an Income Withholding Order to have the payments deducted from the obligated parent's payroll. Child Support Program, a separate division of the Clerk’s office, offers full enforcement services. You can contact the Department of Revenue at 1-850-488-5437 or visit the local office at 1115 Manatee Avenue West, 2nd floor, Bradenton, FL 34205 for information regarding this program
. Your personal attorney can also handle enforcement action on your behalf.
How do I change my address for receiving child support payments?
Pursuant to Florida Statute, changes of address must be made, in writing, to the Depository within 7 days. This can be done in person at the Depository counter, located in the Manatee County Courthouse or you can print and mail this form to the Clerk of Circuit Court, Child Support Depository, P. O. Box 25400, Bradenton, FL 34206.
My name has changed, how do I get it changed on my child support case?
You will need to bring the name change request along with supporting documentation of the name change (copy of marriage license, copy of court order, etc.) to the Depository.
Where do I make my child support payments?
All payments must be made through the Florida State Disbursement Unit (FLSDU) at the following address FLSDU P.O. Box 8500 Tallahassee, FL 32314-8500 To ensure proper credit, make sure the following information is on your check or money order: your full name, your social security number, your case number, the words “Manatee County." If you do not know your case number, search the on-line information or call the Clerk’s office at 941-741-4038 to obtain that information.
If I have a child support case in another county, can you access my account information?
No, we do not have access to any other county's or any other state’s records. You will need to contact that specific court for any assistance on your case within their jurisdiction. However, you can access any of your Florida child support information at
Can I make child support payments directly to the custodial parent?
If your court order states that payments are to be made through the court or through the State of Florida Disbursement Unit, you must comply with that order. Failure to do so will create a delinquency on your case causing enforcement action to be taken.
What if I already made child support payments directly to the custodial parent?
Payments made directly to the custodial parent may be considered a gift. In order to receive credit for direct payments, a motion will need to be filed with the court (with applicable filing fees).  The 12th Judicial Circuit Court website has information, and a form available for you to download if you wish to request a credit.  There are instructions on their website explaining the forms and filing procedures.  Once the motion is filed, the Court will then make the decision whether or not you should receive credit - an order will be sent to the parties.  Once a copy of the order is received by our office, we will make the appropriate balance adjustments to the case. 
How do I obtain a record of my child support payments and balances?
You can purchase print-outs of your account from the depository. The cost is $1.00 per page plus $2.00 for certification, if needed. You can also purchase copies of documents from your court file through our Public Access Division.
My court order states that I do not have to pay support when I have visitation, does the depository automatically stop my support for this time period?
No. The depository cannot automatically assume that you have exercised your visitation. A Notification of Visitation Credit form, available from the depository, must be completed by the parent exercising the visitation and returned to the depository in order for credit to be given. If your payments are deducted from your paycheck, please submit the completed visitation form along with a note requesting a letter be sent to your employer. The depository should receive these documents no later than 2 weeks prior to the start of visitation so that your employer can be notified in a timely manner. If the payments are not payroll deducted, you can submit the form at anytime. NOTE: This only applies if your court order states that you do not have to pay support during visitation. If your court order does not specifically state this, then the depository will not credit your support account.
My child support is deducted from my paycheck and I have changed employers, what do I do?
If Child Support Program is enforcing the case, call the Department of Revenue at 1-850-488-5437
and advise them of the change. They will need your employer’s name and address. The paper work will automatically be forwarded to your new employer at that time. If Child Support Program does not enforce your case, you will need to come into the depository. The depository will furnish you with a Notice to Payor form to complete and you will need to purchase a certified copy of your Income Deduction Order ($l.00 per page plus $2.00 for the certification). The original Notice to Payor will be filed with the Clerk and you will need to purchase a copy to accompany the Income Deduction Order ($0.45).  You will then need to submit the copy of the Notice to Payor and the certified copy of the Income Deduction Order to your employer. If you live out of town, please contact the depository at 941-741-4038. NOTE: The same procedures hold true if you are the custodial parent and need to have the paper work sent to the new employer of the non-custodial parent.
My child turned 18, does that mean child support stops automatically?
No. The emancipation of the child depends on the language in your court order. If your child is approaching his or her 18th birthday, please contact the depository at 941-741-4038. The depository will be able to answer the question based on your individual circumstances.
When my children have emancipated and my case is paid in full, will I receive something from the depository stating my case is closed?
No, the depository does not send out statements when accounts are closed. If you need something stating the account is paid in full, you can purchase a print out from the depository