On the night of your hearing, you and your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) must be on the 4th floor of the Manatee County Judicial Center, 1051 Manatee Avenue West, Bradenton, by 5:15 p.m. to meet with your defense attorney, if available. For all Teen Court events, please be aware of the environment that you are in and dress accordingly. Dress code is as follows:
- All shirts must be tucked in.
- No shorts, tank tops, flip-flops, slides or other beach-type clothing.
- No shirts with any offensive language or pictures.
- No clothing that covers the head (hats, bandanas, etc.) or sunglasses.
- Teen Court and the Clerk's Office will not be responsible for lost or damaged personal items. Cell phones must be turned off and out of sight at all times while in the courtroom.
- No gum, food, candy, or drinks will be permitted on the 4th Floor of the Judicial Center. Please discard these items prior to entering the elevator.
Juveniles will be assigned sanctions by a jury of their peers. These sanctions include, but are not limited to, community service hours, jury duties, letters of apology, essays, curfews and/or counseling sessions.
Defendants who are returning to fulfill their assigned sanctions should be properly dressed and on time. They should be at the Judicial Center no later than 5:15 pm on the 4th floor in order to participate. If the child arrives any later than this, the child may not get credit for the evening and will have to make up the date.
Failure to abide by the Manatee County Judicial Center guidelines can result in termination from the Teen Court program and referral to Juvenile Court for your charges. In addition, if any illegal action occurs inside the Judicial Center, you will be subject to arrest and prosecution.
[ Back to Top ]